2 definitions found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:
Cosmic \Cos"mic\ (k?z"m?k), Cosmical \Cos"mic*al\ (-m?-kal), adjective
[Gr. kosmiko's of the world, fr. ko'smos: cf. F. cosmique.
1. Pertaining to the universe, and having special reference
to universal law or order, or to the one grand harmonious
system of things; hence; harmonious; orderly.
2. Pertaining to the solar system as a whole, and not to the
3. Characteristic of the cosmos or universe; inconceivably
great; vast; as, cosmic speed. "Cosmic ranges of time."
4. (Astron.) Rising or setting with the sun; -- the opposite
5. of unsurpassed size, extent, or significance; vast; as, of
cosmic proportions; of cosmic importance.
From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:
1: of or from or pertaining to or characteristic of the
cosmos or universe; "cosmic laws"; "cosmic catastrophe";
2: inconceivably extended in space or time