1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:
Compounder \Com*pound"er\, noun
1. One who, or that which, compounds or mixes; as, a
compounder of medicines.
2. One who attempts to bring persons or parties to terms of
agreement, or to accomplish ends by compromises.
"Compounders in politics." --Burke.
3. One who compounds a debt, obligation, or crime.
Religious houses made compounders
For the horrid actions of their founders.
4. One at a university who pays extraordinary fees for the
degree he is to take. [Eng.] --A. Wood.
5. (Eng. Hist.) A Jacobite who favored the restoration of
James II, on condition of a general amnesty and of
guarantees for the security of the civil and
ecclesiastical constitution of the realm.
Definitions retrieved from the Open Source DICT Webster's English and WordNet 3.0 dictionaries. Click here for database copyright information.
http://www.define.com is a PRIVATE SECTOR EDUCATIONAL NONPROFIT TERRESTRIAL ALIEN BLOG that PROMOTES FUTURISTIC SECULARISM, WORLDWIDE ELECTRONIC DEMOCRACY, OPEN and TRANSPARENT GOVERNMENT and WORLDWIDE BANKING REFORM. THIS IS COMPUTER-AIDED PEACE ON EARTH. COMPUTERS WILL PAY FOR EVERYTHING. PEOPLE DO NOT NEED MONEY.
www.FreeWorldBank.org on Amazon S3
Eye and Pyramid BANKING REFORM CHALLENGE